Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Peter Scott, hatred of Islam To Become First Hidayah


Wednesday, 10 February, the city of New York was hit by a snow storm. Since the middle of last night, snow fell endlessly to make the streets become quiet and smooth. Most people choose to stay home, temporarily closed institutions, including schools and even the United Nations (UN).
I myself am pretty lazy to leave the house in the morning. But whatever, I still felt compelled to set foot in the office PTRI, and then to the Islamic Center. Apparently PTRI office also just opened up this morning at 12 o'clock.
I rushed to the Islamic Cultural Center of New York with the goal of simply midday prayer and asr together. Typically, when there is a snow storm or heavy rain, the congregation asked for menjama 'prayers. Arriving at the Islamic Center I immediately headed for the prayer, but to see if the heating is turned on or not, also to pray sunnah.
Suddenly secretary called, "Some one is waiting for you". "Let me do my sunnah and will be there!," I replied.
After the sunnah prayers, I immediately headed to the Islamic Center office. In the living room there was already someone who is relatively old, but look elegant in clothes. "Hi, good morning!," I said. "Good morning!," He replied with a very polite and friendly. "Waiting for me?," I said, shaking hands. "Yes, and I am sorry to bother you at this early time," he said, smiling.
I brought the white man into the room my office. With the small talk I said "Well hopefully you be rewarded for the struggle to visit the Islamic Center in a weather like this," I said. "Oh not at all!. We used to this kind of weather, "he said.
"So, what I can do for you this morning," I said to start talks. Without me knowing people are still standing in the doorway. Perhaps he did not want to sit without presumptuous welcome. Indeed, he seemed polite, but his words could be understood that he is quite educated.
"Please do have your crunches!," I said. "Thanks sir!," He said simply.
Once seated I repeat again, the previous question "what I can do for you this morning?." While flipping his seat, he looked at me with a little serious, but still with a smile. "I am here for ...., 'as if suspended .." for some clarifications!, "He said. In essence, he claimed to have a lot of reading, observing and studying religion. "To be honest I knew about it a lot," he explained.
"That's great!," I interrupted. He claimed, from time to time, the question of religion continues to grow. While feelings towards Islam grew even more.
The man, change his position and tell a story. "I was very angry. I really hate this religion!, He explained. "I feel religion and its followers have invaded my country," he said very seriously. "So, what happened?, Pancingku connect the story.
In short, I wrote some notes the story, how his hatred of the religion of Islam to be the beginning of 'thirst' to find out. One day he bought food at the roadside (Halal Food) in midtown Manhattan. Just to note, the majority of those who sell food on the roadside in the city of New York is a Muslim. Then he said, in the food vending carts were the words "La ilaha illa Allah Muhammad Rasool Allah" in Arabic. Extreme hatred to Islam, made him unable to resist the urge to scold food vendors with the phrase, "do not turn people away from buying your food with that .... (bad word)", he said sarcastically!.
But he said again, the seller did not answer and just smiled, and even respond with "Thank you for coming my friend!."
In short, according to him again, the friendly attitude of the salesman thought the food was always on his mind. Even the attitude that makes feel guilty, but abstinence to come and apologize. The lack of his desire to apologize, he said once again, as his hatred of the religion (Islam, ed). "It really makes me mad at myself, but at the same time, I really want to know," he continued.
"Initially, I was just googling some information about religion. Then listen to some lectures on Youtube (especially lecture Hamza Yusuf), "he said. After that, then buy a couple of books by non-Muslims, including the history of the Prophet by Karen Armstrong, John Esposito Sharia, etc..
"The more I learned, the more I find it to be suspicious and confused," she admitted. "But have you ever thought of before, why so?," I said. "I do not know, I guess the media factor, he said. What is clear, every time he saw the bombing, murder, vandalism, and even some action movies, it's been linked Muslim. "I really do not know and confused, what are these people practice Islam?."
He again spoke at length, as if delivering a lecture to me about the "huge gap" between science and Islam that he understood that he had seen the various temperaments of some Muslims over the years. On the one hand, he was amazed by the attitude of earlier food vendors. But on the one hand, he was upset with the attitude of some Muslims who actually do what he describes as "a crime in the name of Islam. '" And so, I was on which side? Is one day I would become a Muslim?, He asked himself.
Once done, I then started to take control. "First, I congratulate you!," I said curtly. But justu it seemed confused by what I said.
Soon I continued 'You have been a real American!'. He smiled but still do not understand.
"Anger is understandable," I said. First of all, because you do not know and will seek and ask that neighbor. Second, the media and drugs to factor it is clear. And I think you do the latter, "I added
I was invited to discuss various things. Starting from the history of war, terrorism, murder, destruction, from the past until now. And conversely, how Islam has played a major role in building the human civilization.
"Throughout human history, what you see now is not too surprising and new. How many lives have been taken, properties destroyed and damaged houses?, "I asked. "And from the beginning of the Prophet Muhammad taught religion in the 7th century in Arabia, to this day, how many wars and killings that have involved Muslims as perpetrators?," Pancingku again.
He seemed just shook his head with the examples I gave. Of Hitler, Stalin, World War I and II, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and so on. How many of them were killed, and who does? The war in Iraq, how many were killed when U.S. jets dropping BOMs in the township-village? Who majority of American soldiers?
Then, Have made a close study, to find out whether it is true that the bombing, murder, vandalism committed by some Muslims over the years, although the name of Islam, it is justified by Islam? And is it true that it is indeed the motive for fighting for Islam and Muslims, or Islam and Muslims because it is the bridge to the 'interest' in particular?, Story length.
Not feel, when azan dhuhur has arrived. "Sorry, that is what we call prayer or the call to pray," I explained. I was silent for a moment, he seemed silent to listen to prayer from Sheikh Farahat, muezzins was received as an employee at the Islamic Center. Al-Azhar tammatan sound is indeed very beautiful.
After the prayer, I went back to connect the conversation. Today we talk about the various injustices that occur in various parts of the world, in various aspects of human life. Economically only a handful who enjoy nature cake, politically there is a systemic coercion to other countries, and so on.
"With all of this, and no way to say that murder, especially when we come to the life and innocent civilians, is justified in the name of fighting for justice," I continued.
But because time is short, I asked "What do you think? Is there anything that makes your mind?, "Pancingku. He seems silent, but smiling and trying to talk.
"You are right!," He said briefly. "I'm not fair to myself! My association of Islam and the behavior of some Muslims is really not fair. "
"You got the point, sir", I said simply. "Now, I ask permission for a moment to pray." Suddenly he sees a little serious. This time without a smile and said, "What must I do to be a Muslim," he asked. "Are you serious," I asked. "Yes", he said simply. "Follow me", I said.
I took him to the ablution, taught ablution, then to the prayer room. While waiting for the time iqamah, I told him. "What I would do is take you to declare your new faith with what we call a creed. And that is to testify that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger, "I said, but he warned of what he had seen before in the food vending carts.
Before I invite iqamah begins, Peter Scott, so the name of the man, and led him to the front of the congregation say "Ash-hadu anlaa ilaha illa Allah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasul Allah," as he followed the echoes takbir 200-an jama ' ah Dhuhr prayers today.
"Peter, you are a Muslim now, like everyone else here today. None of you are lacking. Actually, you're better than us because you are chosen to be, not just born into it and follow it, "I said while asking for prayers following the movements as best he could, but with concentration.

source: kisahmuallaf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment