Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Abdullah Rolle, British musician Long Journey Toward the Light of Islam


Born in England, since childhood he has been involved in various musical productions, can play several instruments and sing active. Until he switched to the songs nasheed nasheed and launched his first CD entitled "Peace" in the conference "Global Peace and Unity" in London in 2008.

He is Abdullah Rolle. He converted to Islam seven years ago. Journey to Islam go hand in hand with a growing career as an artist nasheed songs. This is the story of a trip Rolle found the light of Islam and become a Muslim until today;

One morning, Rolle was walking in the market. Suddenly, a Muslim came to him and asked if he could talk with Rolle briefly. Muslim men were asked if Rolle know about Islam and the Prophet Muhammad, and Rolle responded that he knows that God is the creator of all things but he has been taught about Jesus, not about the Prophet Muhammad. Rolle tried to change the subject.

"I never seriously with the issue of religion. A few years later, I was talking with a Muslim about Allah the Almighty, but still not ready to consider anything about Islam or being a Muslim, "said Rolle.

"I've never met anyone like that. The people I meet are those involved in the music business and they have their own lifestyle. So, at that time, I did not see an opportunity to be attracted to Islam. But apparently, the days are not here yet, "said Rolle recalled his experience meeting with Muslims.

Shop Books and DVDs Changing Her life

When moving to East London, Rolle frequent visits to Dar Assalam bookstore in the West End. Rolle happy to follow the development of the world, read about things that are nuanced conspiracy and events in the world.

"Some of the things I read, there are right and some are not. But it was not also brought me closer to the Creator. I am always searching and soul searching, although I did not realize it was a hundred percent, "he said.

Employees at the bookstore always gives booklet on Rolle. He took it and just keep it in the closet. He had felt sympathy for Muslims when the U.S. invaded Iraq and Rolle read all the booklets are kept. Rolle asked himself, why the world is always attacking Islam and Muslims. Rolle watched how the mass media portray Muslims as terrorists. Rolle knew that the mass media may not be true and do not always tell the truth. Rolle wants to know why there are those who attack Muslims. In the search for answers to his confusion, Rolle entered the room, knelt down and prayed.

One day, in front of the bookstore commonly visited Dar Assalam, Rolle said to his son, "I need something to feed my soul. Books that others do not give any impact to me. "Rolle boy then pointed a DVD titled" What Is The Purpose of Life? "By Khaled Yasin. Rolle buy the DVD's. At home, which he bought after watching the DVD, Rolle felt very inspired.

"All the things described in the DVD, I felt already know everything. I know what was said in it is the truth, "Rolle recalled.

From the DVD, Rolle knew that Muslims perform prayers five times a day. Because at that Rolle was involved in a common musical path, Rolle felt he could not perform salat as explained in the DVD, but the heart of the most in recognizing the truth that prayer command.

The clock is running. Rolle so often met with the Muslim community and he felt how his Muslim friends are very attentive to her. "I spend time with them for two years. They teach, stretch and reminds me. Most of them were employees at the bookstore. Since then I became familiar with them, "said Rolle.

He was impressed with the behavior of his new friends. "I have always seen that most Muslims his polite, kind and helpful. They themselves facing various problems of the people in different parts of the world, but as a person, I met Muslims who had always been friendly to me. I want to try to be a devout man, and I keep trying. I want to be like them, "Rolle's comments about Muslims.

At that time, Rolle is convinced of Islam, have a fairly basic knowledge about Islam and are continuing to learn about Islam. Muslim friends told me that Rolle should declare two sentences creed if you want to become a Muslim. Muslim friends also warned Rolle that death always lurks in every human being, let alone waiting for if it does not immediately become a Muslim. But, again, Rolle felt he was not ready to be a Muslim.

In the midst of vacillation, Rolle watched a DVD titled "One Islam" by Sheikh Fiez in Australia. From the DVD, Rolle learned about the Day of Judgment in Islam. The fear of the Lord suddenly harass him, if he could convert to Islam before the Last Day, then Rolle will do.

The next day, he contacted Muslim friends, and said that he was ready to become a Muslim. His friends cheered Rolle's decision and prepare the show on the weekend.

After officially becoming a Muslim. Rolle sometimes envy the Muslim clerics. He wished it had been converted to Islam when he was much younger. But Allah knows best what is good for His servants.

"My friends helped me slowly. In my early days of Islam, they do not say that music is haram. If they say it at the time, I probably would not be a Muslim, because he was working on a music project. They assured me that while I may still continue to make music, as long as I have any intention at any time I would get out of the music scene, "said Rolle.

Rolle recalled, the biggest challenge for him after converting to Islam is to learn Arabic and study reading prayers and the prayers in Arabic. He was back to school. But Rolle happy that he managed to memorize some of Al-Quran and read it. "So that I can pray. I really wish things could I do more than anything else, "said Rolle who learned the practice of praying and reading the Quran as well as from a variety of DVDs.

Being International nasheed artists

When newly converted, Rolle was still working as a music teacher for children in some schools and wrote several songs for the children who run away from home and placed in a center of learning in the city where he lived. He knew so many sad stories of children, and wanted to help them. Rolle also active in the local community and business by offering to teach music in young children.

Eventually Rolle berpikiri Allah's blessings are there with what he did. "If I have to stand before God, what would I say about myself and my practice to teach music? I finally decided to stop my activities: in schools, community centers and other activities related to music. Some people respect my decision, some will say that my actions are wrong, "Rolle story.

At that time, Rolle did not think to switch to nasheed music, though he has his own recording studio. Rolle then spoke with the father of a Muslim cleric in Saudi Arabia and the owner of Tawhid Mosque in London. Rolle asked his Muslim friend's advice and finally started his career in music nasheed.

Now, in addition to active in various activities with the Muslim community in Britain, Rolle focused her career as an international nasheed artist and launched a CD of songs nasyidnya titled "Peace" in South Africa in 2009.

source: kisahmuallah.com

No comments:

Post a Comment