Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Monica, Understanding Islam Through Fables Aladdin


Monica Granath engagement with the Islamic faith, starting in childhood. Precisely, after she loved the Middle Eastern tales, including the story of Aladdin.
"I have always been interested in different cultures, I love to travel and love to learn languages. When I was little, I liked to dress up as an Arab princess stories like Aladdin, "he said.
A teenager, he realized that not all Arabs are Muslims. He attended with some Christian Arabs, who were all so proud to wear the cross necklace around her neck. He realized, faith is not a matter of heredity. Confidence is a matter of the heart.
Granath later studied Arabic at the University of Stockholm. In this campus, getting nurtured his belief in Islam. At age 20, he decided to convert to Islam.
Granath then decided to marry a Muslim Palestinian from Gaza. The couple lived in between the two cities and he blogged about their experiences, good and bad. His blog became popular in the Middle East.
"We have a lot of differences, was married to another man culture requires a lot of adjustment. Of course we share some general ideas but what he values ​​and love is sometimes very different from penulaian each, "he said.
Granath wear hijab now. Although recent research from Uppsala University which states that 50 percent of the Swedish public wants to ban headscarves in schools and the workplace, she did not feel discriminated against.
Although sometimes, she says, orangkerap vote based on the choice of dressing. "Sometimes I feel people think I'm not smart just because they see the way I dress," she said.
For those in part, he said, the choice of clothing is a form of deterioration. "But for me it is a healthy lifestyle choice and more spiritual, with an awareness of self and environment. I had a job since the beginning I converted to Islam, no problem, "he said.
He is grateful to have family and friends who are open-minded. "They might think me a bit odd but they still treat me like they did before. I think it's also because I have a personality that is liberal and open-minded, I have made many compromises when visiting my family, "he said.
He cited fkelsibilitas meant. He is often refrain from shaking hands with the opposite sex. "But in my family, I hug them, because that is how we do it here. But I do not celebrate Christmas anymore. That has made them very sad. "
When asked if he ever felt like giving up when he became a Muslim, he answered with a joke, I gave up when I saw people that good looking. "
He became one of about 5 thousand converts Sweden. Together Helena Benauoda, Swedish Muslim organization leader, he was once dubbed the "lady against the tide"; while all rushed into liberal and secular, they instead chose Islam.
Overall, the population of Sweden amounted to 9 million, 300 thousand to 400 ribunya Muslim.

source: kisahmuallaf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment