Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Aminah, to Islam Through Chatting


My name is Amina and embraced Islam on January 31, 1999 at the age of 23 years. I myself was born in Iceland in 1976. My extended family are all members of the Protestant church congregation. Myself included and active in Sunday school. Likewise, despite the constant presence of religion in everyday life but it was not much of a role in the course of my life, "said Amina in the initial story.

Environmental church
Since childhood, he was already living in a religious environment. For example, in schools where learning Aminah, regularly held summer camp program, coordinated by an organization affiliated with the Christian religion. Then, grandma Aminah also often accompany before bed. Even the grandmother also taught certain prayers in times of going to bed. However, as recognized Aminah, her family is not so much to the church and religion does not appear to affect the daily lives of their families.
"Oya in Iceland there is a tradition of the church for young adults, that at age 14 they must be baptized. Well when I was faced with one condition, what I also must be baptized or not? What I was old enough and is content to be baptized? At that time, I was sure the god. Even arguably my confidence level exceeds the others. So it deserves to be baptized. I feel, if it does not do that then the same can not believe in god. For me that is off to church of course this is very tragic, "said Aminah who ultimately chose baptized by the church.
A few days before the baptism, all children are required to attend special classes containing instructions from the pastor. So it is with a visit to the church also must not be perforated-perforated. In essence, before being baptized heart must be "cleaned" first. "That's a tradition that I mean it," he added.
Began to leave the church
After being baptized, Aminah apparently still actively present in that particular class. But not last long until he decided to quit the church. "Maybe this is not the right decision at the time. But to be honest, as long as the church I did not get anything. There was no change at all in my soul, "I Aminah again.
As a result, in the next year Aminah increasingly lackluster to church and religion began to slowly erode from him. "I do pray to God, but never find peace of mind. I believe in the existence of god. But is that enough?, "He said.
"In Iceland Islam is not so well known. Very minority. Because I did not follow its development. In school, we were never told about other religions. All we know just Christians. There is little information about the Jewish religion. Up to growing up, I still have not gained much info about Islam. All I knew at that time synonymous with Muhammadism Islam or the teachings of Muhammad. But what I do not know that Islam, "said Aminah.
Contact with colleagues in Indonesia
Aminah, like those in other Western, just get the info of Islam through media, newspapers or magazines only. "Of course it is generally not enough to describe the true Islam. Negative impression of Islam's most sticking. Luckily I do not get hate Islam because it's slanted news, "he said.
Apparently regular contact with one of his colleagues, also from Iceland, who were participating student exchange program in Indonesia is very helpful in understanding Islam Aminah. "At that time I was an exchange student in Venezuela participated. So a colleague of mine joined the same program and sent to Indonesia. From him that I can be a lot of info of Islam in Indonesia. When a friend's home to Iceland, her story interesting things and positives of Islam. Of course what they told my friend it was very different from that reported in the media, "he continued.
Egyptian youth know
Aminah said he did not know when he was first acquainted with Islam. One day in the autumn of 1997 he went to Georgia, USA to attend the Rotary scholarship program for one year. "Well, in our group there was a university student from Egypt who participated this scholarship program. Through friendly relations with the Egyptian youth that time I began to know Islam. He used to tell a lot about Islam. Not only that, I observed he often practiced what he has to say. For example prayer, "said Aminah about his first introduction to Islam.
Slowly Aminah also became interested in Islam. He often engaged in discussions with Egyptian students and even frequent arguments. Was not satisfied, on its own initiative, Aminah looking for more about Islam. "The Internet is very helpful in finding out what Islam. Also Islamic books, including the Koran, "I am he. Www.BeConvinced.com site is one site that could be a guide to learn Islam.
Aminah effort to get to know Islam better in getting upset when he was going home to Iceland in the summer of 1997. But America is very memorable for him. Until, on its own initiative, he returned to the U.S. to continue his studies there. "Over in the U.S., within a fairly long time, the only one that I often invite discussion, questioning and debating Islam is a former friend of the group used the Egyptian youth," he continued.
Studying Islam in internet
"Then my many friends can chat over the internet. Through online media as well, I found an incomparable feel of familiarity. We exchange of experiences, discussions and their Muslim friends, it is very much helped me understand Islam, "I Aminah.
At first Aminah doing what it is the search for Islam, he was deeply fascinated and find many things remarkable about Islam previously unknown. "For some reason when I became so passionate and hard to resist. Curiosity higher. The more I read something more interesting things about Islam and want to read again, again and again. However, for a long time there were so many things I do not understand. Need a
long enough to be able to understand these complicated matters, "I was Aminah.
"Honestly, at that early stage I tried every way to find negative things in Islam. I say to myself "you are not likely to be a Muslim." In those days I felt clumsy search and confused. I thought, ah better life just like the one I went through before, rather than accept kbenaran and changes in lifestyle. Maybe this is the moment the most severe phase of the search for truth in my Islam, "said Aminah.
As acknowledged Aminah, sometimes she felt that Islam is the true religion, and he really wanted to be close to God. And soon to be Muslim. But at other times, as if there was another whisper, I find many negative things in Islam. "As if there was an angel on his right ear that tells the truth, then there syeitan in the left ear which prevents me toward Islam," he said.
"But I finally straighten the heart back and stop hearing the sound" syeitan small "and see the light of truth in Islam. I want to be close to God and live as a Muslim, "he added.
Bersyahadah through chat
Immediately after the decision was made, the exact middle of the night, a friend contacted Aminah chatingnya to make contact online via the internet. At that time he was about to declare his readiness to Islam and wanted to say sentences martyrdom.
"When I mentioned the plan again chating for martyrdom procession in Muslim sermons tomorrow morning. But somehow, I suddenly changed my mind. Why should it wait until tomorrow? Is not it possible martyrdom online only, so I thought. Then I decided to bersyahadah immediately. Soon I was looking for other Muslim women to participate in chat. Well over chatrooms facility finally I was "saying" martyrdom via the Internet, "the story about the procession syahadahnya Aminah.
Latifah, a Muslim who joined chat, interrupted because Aminah did martyrdom martyrdom by typing two sentences in the chat page.
"I am one of the witnesses syahadahmu, please martyrdom procession is repeated. You should speak with your oral rather than by typing like this, "said Latifah. So, finally in the middle of the night it was Aminah bersyahadah with his tongue to be heard by the two co-chatingnya via earphones. Subhanallah, the internet has helped a Muslim woman to receive the guidance of Allah and eventually converted to Islam.
"For a Muslim, I passed a lot of times there is also a sweet addition to hard time as new converts. I still need to study harder again to explore Islam and become a Muslim a good and obedient. At the same time I also have to maintain a good relationship with my family and my friends. Although they put a negative impression of Islam I keep in contact with them. I believe I made the right decision in life. Thank you O God, Thou hast guided me towards the path of truth, "close Aminah hoping family and friends soon get his guidance. Ameen.

source: kisahmuallaf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment